The optimum river level for all sections is 0.9 – 1.2m on the Nymboida River (Pollack Bridge gauge).
Below 0.9m some sections become slower requiring more time to paddle them and rapids more boney increasing the chance of getting stuck or capsizing.
Extreme care should be exercised when the river is above 1.5m and the weather forecast is for rain in the Nymboida or Mann River headwaters. As the river level rises the water becomes more ‘pushy’ with confused water and boils, making paddling and control of canoes more difficult. In these conditions, groups should be experienced or in the company of a guide.
We will not hire out our equipment if the river level is below 0.6m or over 1.8m on the Nymboida River (Pollack Bridge gauge).
For current river conditions, click on the images below.
Links to BOM river height pages – click titles to visit BOM site
Current weather warnings for New South Wales / Australian Capital Territory, Australia including tsunami; tropical cyclones; severe thunderstorms; severe weather; fire weather; flood; frost; driving; bushwalking; sheep graziers and other agricultural warnings. Issued by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology.
- 05/16:19 EST Minor Flood Warning for the Severn and Macintyre Riverson August 5, 2021 at 6:19 am
- 05/16:17 EST Hazardous Surf Warning for New South Waleson August 5, 2021 at 6:17 am
- 05/16:10 EST Severe Weather Warning
for Lord Howe Islandon August 5, 2021 at 6:10 am
- 05/15:58 EST Severe Weather Warning
for Norfolk Islandon August 5, 2021 at 5:58 am
- 05/12:53 EST Minor Flood Warning for the Lachlan Riveron August 5, 2021 at 2:53 am
- 05/11:54 EST Minor Flood Warning for the Murrumbidgee Riveron August 5, 2021 at 1:54 am
- 05/09:39 EST Final Flood Warning for the Belubula Riveron August 4, 2021 at 11:39 pm
- 04/10:26 EST Minor Flood Warning for the Barwon Riveron August 4, 2021 at 12:26 am