The optimum river level for all sections is 0.9 – 1.2m on the Nymboida River (Pollack Bridge gauge).
Below 0.9m some sections become slower requiring more time to paddle them and rapids more boney increasing the chance of getting stuck or capsizing.
Extreme care should be exercised when the river is above 1.5m and the weather forecast is for rain in the Nymboida or Mann River headwaters. As the river level rises the water becomes more ‘pushy’ with confused water and boils, making paddling and control of canoes more difficult. In these conditions, groups should be experienced or in the company of a guide.
We will not hire out our equipment if the river level is below 0.6m or over 1.8m on the Nymboida River (Pollack Bridge gauge).
For current river conditions, click on the images below.
Links to BOM river height pages – click titles to visit BOM site
Current weather warnings for New South Wales / Australian Capital Territory, Australia including tsunami; tropical cyclones; severe thunderstorms; severe weather; fire weather; flood; frost; driving; bushwalking; sheep graziers and other agricultural warnings. Issued by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology.
- 26/13:14 EST Minor to Moderate Flood Warning for the Barwon and Darling Riverson May 26, 2022 at 3:14 am
- 26/11:19 EST Flood Watch for the Richmond and Wilsons Riverson May 26, 2022 at 1:19 am
- 26/10:56 EST Minor to Moderate Flood Warning for the Bogan Riveron May 26, 2022 at 12:56 am
- 25/15:19 EST Minor to Major Flood Warning for the Culgoa, Birrie, Bokhara and Narran Riverson May 25, 2022 at 5:19 am
- 25/11:28 EST Minor Flood Warning for the Paroo River (NSW)on May 25, 2022 at 1:28 am
- 25/10:10 EST Minor Flood Warning for the Warrego River (NSW)on May 25, 2022 at 12:10 am
- 25/08:48 EST Minor Flood Warning for the Lachlan Riveron May 24, 2022 at 10:48 pm